[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:35:21 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 12:23:47AM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Hwnninf,

Well, I think my name is written slightly different :-)

> Standalone PC
> OS   RH7.3
> Xsane  installed as standard installation (I have no idea to run its setup)

You don't need to run any setup for XSane. The only thing you may need
to setup is the backends.

> IDE Writer
> IDE CDRom

Ah, IDE not SCSI. So you use idescsi. That's why your IDE device is
found in /proc/scsi/scsi.

> Scanner connected to a ISA SCSI card

> I think the ISA SCSI card is not detected.

Yes. So what did you do to load the driver and what happened? It's
explained in detail in the HTML page you referred to in your first post.
(Telling the computer about SCSI).

You have the same card as mentioned in this article?