[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:01:42 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:57:22AM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> I tried several combinations but it said 'aha152x' already exists there
>
> [root@server /]# /sbin/insmod aha152x aha152x=0x140,10
> Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/scsi/aha152x.o
> insmod: a module named aha152x already exists

Well, yes, it already exists in the kernel :-) Tha means you have
loaded it successfully before. If you want to try again with some
other parameters, remove the module before loading it again: rmmod
aha152x. Have a look at the manpages for understanding what you are
doing (e.g. man insmod).

If the modules loaded without errors, you may be done. Check
/proc/scsi/scsi if your scanner is listed.