[sane-devel] Color not consistent or correct

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:31:33 +0100

Hi,

please send answers to the list, not to me personally. I'm cc'ing the
list.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:41:26AM +0530, ionmich@indiainfo.com wrote:
> Scanner - Epson Perfection 1250.

Do you use the plustek or Epson Kowa backend?

> When I scan printed photos the results are excellent and consistent.

What happens if you don't use XSane's automatic film setting but set
up the colors manually? I.e. use the invert button and change the
gamma/brightness for the colors so the image looks correctly?

I'm trying to find out if it's a xsane or backend problem.

> When I try to use xscanimage it reports...xscanimage: error while
> file: No such file or directory.

What's the difference between you xsane and xscanimage installations?
Did you install one of them from source and the other from RPM? Check
the "/usr/local/lib" is in /etc/ld.so.conf.

> A "find" produces...
> /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane.so.1
> /usr/local/lib/libsane.so.1

For testing, you could try "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib xscanimage".

There are other frontends you can test, e.g. quiteinsane, kooka. For
more, check the SANE homepage.

> Would a screen shot of the scan results be of any help?

Put it on a web page and send a link to sane-devel.