[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1260 Photo ("plustek"): TPA/saned problem

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sat Feb 1 23:23:39 GMT 2003

Oi,

I have freshly compiled and installed SANE 1.0.10 final. I have also
rebuilt XSane 0.90 against the current SANE. The scanner I used for the
test id the Epson Perfection 1260 Photo with the TPA connected. The
config files /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf are the
ones as they come with the package. /etc/sane.d/net.conf contains only
"localhost" and /etc/sane.d/saned.conf contains only "+".

I have started "xsane" and in the menu I have chosen
"net:localhost:plustek:libusb:001:007" as the scanner I want to use.
When I switch to the desired TPA mode ("Normal", "Transparency",
"Negative") there is no problem, but when I have scanned a preview in
the "Normal" mode and then switch the TPA mode I get a little window
with the message and the TPA mode is not changed:

Failed to set value of option source: Invalid argument

I have set SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 as I have done this (one preview in
normal mode, switch to "Transparency", exit) to get this error log:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/sane-plustek-debug-20030201-1.txt

Doing the same with "xscanimage" of sane-frontends 1.0.10 there is no
problem. I can switch to the TPA and scan with it.

It does not matter whether I am root or a normal user, so no permission
problem.

The behaviour is exactly the same (TPA switching does not work after a
scan in S-SANE, but works in xscanimage) when I run a really remote
client (server is SANE 1.0.10, client is SANE 1.0.9, both run X-SANE 0.90).

There is also no problem when I use the direct, local address of the
scanner ("plustek:libusb:001:007").

    Till