[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 5300c

Adam Ritchie adam at lni.net
Tue Feb 4 12:08:35 GMT 2003

Hi all, has anyone got the hp 5300c to work with sane 1.0.9 or 1.0.10?  I just
recently downloaded, compiled and installed 1.0.10 without any problems.
When I try to scan something, it gets about 11 or 12% through the scan and
then the scan hangs and about 1 minute later - linux crashes.  I am running
MDK 8.1, kde 3.0.3, kernel 2.4.18.  I am just curious as to what the
avision.conf should look like.  Scanimage -L finds the scanner no problem at
/dev/sg0.  Do I need to leave the buffer size at the default of 128k or
should that be changed?  Oh, by the way the scanner's rev. is 6.0 if that
makes any difference or not.  I've also so tried some of the suggestions from
the man pages but they didn't make any difference.

Regards,
Adam Ritchie