[sane-devel] .fr.po - first snapshot

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Feb 18 10:36:44 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 07:19:33PM +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> A little bit out of schedule (well, my previous post was too big for thelist,
> but I _was_ in time!!! ;-] ) are the new french translations! (attached).

Thanks!

> I have made a small (g)awk script (attached) to check the completeness of
> .po files. Here are the results (last few lines):

Nice :-)

> Not translated are mainly due to the lack of words for 'dither', and for
> description of methods, such as 'Bayer 4x4' wich I leaved untouched.

I guess that's ok. If someone has a good translation, he can complain
here :-)

> What I'm still missing is a good translation for 'highlight'. Anyone?

No real idea. The English/German dictionary knows "Glanzpunkt" and
"Spitzlichter", those are very bright areas when taking photos. But
those are special terms, too. I have never heard them before looking
up them.

There's one problem with your file: It isn't in UTF-8:

$ cd po
$ make
generating sane-backends.fr.mo from sane-backends.fr.po
sane-backends.fr.po:64:10: invalid multibyte sequence
[...]

And there was a missing quote in line 2097 :-)

I've used recode to convert to utf8, I hope the result is ok. There
was a problem with the word "qualité", I hope that's fixed now. There
may be more problems that arose from converting the file because the
already translated parts were UTF-8 already.

I've committed the modified file to CVS.

I'll attach the file, please check.