[sane-devel] [Plustek] Using a Visioneer Strobe XP 100 or Syscan 464

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Feb 21 15:17:42 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've added "Plustek" to the subject so maybe the plutek maintainer
notices :-) I've not that much experience with lm983x devices so he
may have better/more ideas about this.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:15:01PM -0600, Ted Drude wrote:
> The scanner makes some noise, seems to "light up" inside, then feeds an
> A4-size paper sheet about 1/3 of the way through..then tries to reverse it
> a bit, then finally quits.

Maybe the move/reverse is because of calibration? I think you can
disable calibration in plustek.conf.

Also there may be a problem with the sensor for "scanner home" which
doesn't exist for sheet-fed scanners.

> I guess the driver is assuming this is a flatbed, so it's "seeking" the XY
> origin to position the scanner head? (pure guess)

Maybe true.

> I used these values in the "plustek-devs.c" file:
>
> Cap0x07B3_0x0007_4, Hw0x07B3_0x0007_4   (Genius ColorPage HR7)
>
> Only used that, because I saw that device used the LM9832 and had a button.
> Should I try a different "template"? Maybe another LM9832-based, CIS
> sheetfed scanner ? Any suggestions?

If pluste supports a sheetfed scanner already, try that one. Otherwise
I guess the code must be changed to support these types of scanners.