[sane-devel] Scsi scanner?

Brad saneuser at sportingwheelies.org.au
Thu Feb 27 07:40:13 GMT 2003

I have an HP scsi scanner connected to an Advansys PCI SCSI card on my Red Hat
8.0 PC and it says in the sane-scsi man page:

For Linux, there is an alternate way  of  specifying  scanner  devices. This
alternate  way is based on /proc/scsi/scsi and allows to identify scanners by
the SCSI vendor and model string and/or by the SCSI  device address
(consisting of bus number, channel number, id, and logical unit number).  The
syntax for specifying a scanner in this way is:

scsi VENDOR MODEL TYPE BUS CHANNEL ID LUN

From this I conclude the the first word (scsi) is a command, and I have no
such command on my Linux system, nor can I see anything in the supplied RPMs
either. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards,
Brad