[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane (problem half solved)

Dr. Jones drjones at vii.com
Fri Feb 28 16:02:00 GMT 2003

Herr Meier-Geinitz:

I am having trouble getting sane and xsane set up on my system. I have an HP ScanJet 4c with the symbios SCSI card. It worked fine under windows and I notice in the sane docs that it should work with linux.

My problems may lie in the initial set up of sane, xsane and sane-frontends in my debian linux system. I read that I could run 'sane-find-scanner' and yet even after reinstalling sane and xsane, I could not run that command.

If I run 'locate sane' I get a host of directories where various sane files and folders exist. I am wishing I could purge everything related to sane from my system and then start afresh with a clean new setup of sane.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Scott