[sane-devel] HP ScanJet IIcx /T --- any hope?

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 19:42:12 +0100

Moritz Angermann wrote:
> o.k. i changed the scsi kernel driver from aic7xxx to aic7xxx_old
> and did 2 'trys' the first one sane.log.bz2 is with the still active
> dumb-read option, the secound one withought.

Viewed from the sanei_scsi viewpoint, this looks better; now we get at
least the SCSI status CHECK CONDITION back from the scanner:

[sanei_scsi] sense buffer: f0 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
[sanei_scsi] target status: 02 host status: 0000 driver status: 0018
[hp] do_read: Error from scsi_req_wait: Error during device I/O

driver status 18 means "sense data available; suggest retry", so nothing
serious. (28, which also appears elsewhere, mean "sense data available;
suggest abort" -- I have idea, why the Linux SCSI system returns
different status codes...)

The sense key value 6 (byte 2/bits 0..3 of the sense buffer) mean "unit
attention", and the SCSI2-draft explains this as "Indicates that the
removable medium may have been changed or the target has been reset."

So nothing really serious, but I do not have the docs for HP scanners
available...

Abel