[sane-devel] Lineart mode is all skewed up!

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 02:05:42 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:19:03PM -0800, Rob Tanner wrote:
> The scanner is in HP3300MFP printer/scanner.  I'm afraid my
> understanding of all the pieces is limited.  The driver is ptal-mlcd.
> Is that a generic name, or is that the info you're asking for?  The
> sane backends version is 1.0.7-6.1.

I'm not sure if this was the case for sane-backends 1.0.7 but
nowerdays the HP multi-function devices are supported by the "hpoj"
backend which is not part of the SANE distribution. Have a look at
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml , there is also a mailing
list.

You can find out which backend you use by running "scanimage -L". The
part before the first ":" is the name of the backend.