[sane-devel] hp scanjet 2200c

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:26:10 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 06:39:16PM +0200, Görkem Güngör wrote:
> i did't load the sane frontend.

Something is using the scanner when scanimage is trying to open it.
Either it's the backend itsself (this would be a bug in the plustek
backend, but that should be more widely known).

Or some other backend is keeping it open. That's why I suggested to
comment out every entry in dll.conf but "plustek". Did you try that?

> my kernel version is 2.4.18-19.7.x

Should be ok.

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0605) at /dev/usb/scanner0
>   # Your USB scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by
>   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>
> but plustek has my scanner listed and it is loaded, so it
> should be supported.

It is, as far as I know. Did you setup plustek.conf? You at least need
to change

device /dev/usbscanner

/dev/usb/scanner0

I don't think that this is connected to your problem with the
"alyready open" but checking that doesn't harm.