[sane-devel] [CANON] : canoscan 300 does not work anymore...

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:33:46 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 06:05:00PM +0100, Pierre SOUCHAY wrote:
> I use sane 1.0.7 for a while with a canscan 300.
[...]
> ~$ scanimage -d canon:/dev/sg0 2> scanimage.log
> Segmentation fault

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but there is the following
entry in the ChangeLog:

2002-11-13  Ulrich Deiters <ukd@xenon.pc.uni-koeln.de>

	* modified the Canon SCSI backend (now version 1.10):
	* backend/canon.c, canon-scsi.c: Added support of focus control for
	  the FS2710 film scanner.
	  backend/canon-sane.c: Set handler_arg in sanei_scsi_open() calls
	  to zero to avoid crashes with Mandrake Linux 9.0

So I guess the next SANE version may work. If you don't want to work
you can try the latest snapshot from
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/snapshots/

If this works for you, can you please tell us? Maybe the Debian
maintainer wants to apply the patch used in the canon backend in the
Debian package.