[sane-devel] sane 1.0.9 crashes

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
06 Jan 2003 09:26:55 +0900

> Henning you were right! I had the Kowa software installed for test
> and the sane backend was replaced.

Speaking as the current maintainer of EPSON Kowa's "Image Scan! for
Linux" (a.k.a. iscan), I know that our package silently clobbers the
sane backend and that this is bad.  I intend to fix this in a future
release by renaming it.

# I found out when I tried to install a .deb on my own system: dpkg
# just would not let me clobber it without some --force.

> > Are you sure you are using the epson backend from SANE 1.0.9 and not
> > the Epson software (KOWA)?
>
> 	Right this was my problem! I did some experiments with the Epson
> Kowa software and therefore the sane backend was replaced.

HTH,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2