[sane-devel] Re: modules/microtek

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:36:28 +0100

Hi Moby,

the Scanmaker 5700 is not yet supported by SANE. But there may be a chanc=
e to=20
get it to work via the firewire interface. I have no experiences with thi=
s,=20
but I think there is a kernel module which makes a firewire device appear=
ing=20
as a generic SCSI device (/dev/sg....). Then you should be able to detect=
 the=20
scanner with sane-find-scanner and if we are lucky the scanner uses comma=
nds=20
similar to the microtek2 scanners.=20
Perhaps somebody in the SANE mailing list can give some hints concerning =
the=20
firewire setup?
If sane-find-scanner detects your scanner please follow the instructions =
in=20
the manpage and send me a logfile.

Regards,

Karsten