[sane-devel] Additional vendor and product ids for Linux kernel scanner driver
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:49:45 +0100
On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:53:33PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> I'll send a patch for the Linux kernel scanner driver to the
> linux-usb-devel mailing list in a few days.
Thanks for all responses. The patch was accepted and is included in
Also in 2.4.21-pre3 are some other patches related to scanners:
* Devices without a bulk-out endpoint are now supported (e.g. Gt6801-based
scanners like Artec Ultima 2000, Mustek ScanExpress 1200 UB Plus,
Bearpaw 1200 CU and clones)
* Devices with more than one interface should work now (multi-function
* The ugly message "Unable to access minor data" isn't printed
anymore. That speeds up scanner detection considerably.
* Unplugging opened devices doesn't result in use counts that don't
decrease any longer. However, the crash on writing to unplugged
devices isn't fixed yet.
* Documentation was updated.
If there are any more patches or ids of devices that should go in,
please contact me.
Some information is at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/kernel/ .