[sane-devel] No devices available

Barry Kirsten bjkirsten@bigpond.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:05:42 +1100

Hello all,

I can't get xsane to recognise my Canoscan 600 scanner under Debian 3.0.

The aha152x module loads and is configured correctly, as reported by dmesg:
aha152x1: trying software interrupt, ok.
scsi1 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 2.4 $
(scsi1:6:0) 01 03 01 32 08 00
  Vendor: CANON     Model: IX-06015C         Rev: 2.02
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Sane-find-scanner correctly detects the scanner, as follows:
debian:/home/barry# sane-find-scanner
<snip>
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "CANON IX-06015C 2.02" at device
/dev/sg1

When I start xsane I get a message: 'No devices available' Can someone please
tell me what is going on and what I have to do th fix it.

Many thanks for your help,
Barry