[sane-devel] How many scanners on an ieee1394 bus

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:09:22 +0000

> Does anyone know how many scanners you can hang on an ieee1394 or USB 2.0
> bus and still get sane to work on all of them?

As many as these busses take, in principle. There might be a limit on
IEEE1394 simply because you run out of sg devices after a while, but
I'm not sure what the limit is. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure
how many devices you can have on an IEEE1394 or USB2.

As far as SANE is concerned, there should be no limit, all devices
should work independently from each other.

The only problem comes when you have two identical scanners and want
to tell them apart in software, but what do you want that for
anyway...

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net