[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:56:28 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> For the per-scanner status I usually use something like that: "alpha":
> is detected and does scan something, but colors may be completeyl off.
> "beta": works, but maybe not in all modes or up to the highest
> resolution. "stable": everything works.

I think, "alpha" and "beta" a good to describe development states of
software. For hardware support qualities "Perfectly", "Mostly",
"Partially", and "Paperweight" are better. The above should be
translated as as follows:

    stable      -> Perfectly
    beta        -> Mostly
    alpha       -> Partially
    Unsupported -> Paperweight

Then the levels match exactly the ones ones on linuxprinting.org (see
http://www.linuxprinting.org/database.html).

    Till