[sane-devel] sane SCSI lockup with anything other than binary mode

Carter Brey cbrey@attglobal.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:25:07 -0500

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>Kernel oops. Run the output through ksymoops and contact the linux
>kernel mailing list. But check the archives before, maybe it's already
>solved in a current kernel.
>
>It may well be triggered by the driver not expecting "big" buffers.
>However, i thought this kind of bug has been solved long time ago.
>Anyway, you could try seeting the environment variable
>SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE to 32768 before running a SANE frontend to decrease
>the buffer size.
>
>Bye,
>  Henning

Dear Henning,

This was indeed the solution. Thank you so much.

--
Carter Brey (cbrey@attglobal.net)
Homepage: http://www.newyorkphilharmonic.org/music/orchestra/index.cfm?page=profile&personNum=7