[sane-devel] Film scanning

Barry Kirsten bjkirsten@bigpond.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:16:49 +1100

Hello all,

I have my Canoscan 600 working under Debian 3.0, but only as a flatbed. I
understand that when the film adaptor unit is connected and the computer
booted, xsane should detect the film unit through the backend.

I had the same problem with this scanner under Mandrake 8.2, and yet the
scanner worked well with film (and still does) under Windows.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? Also, are there command line
options to allow film scanning (doesn't look like it from man scanimage). I'm
using xsane 0.84-2 and backend version 1.0.7.

Many thanks,
Barry