[sane-devel] no scanners found (leo s3 scsi-scanner)

axel dammers triton10@web.de
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:59:03 +0100

Hi,

thanks for your answer,

It's right, the name of the scanner is  LEO LEOScan-S3.

Here are the output of  "SANE_DEBUG_LEO=255 scanimage -L":

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of leo to 255.
[leo] sane_init
[leo] This is sane-leo version 1.0-9
[leo] (C) 2002 by Frank Zago
[leo] attach_scanner: /dev/sg0
[leo] leo_init: enter
[leo] leo_init: exit
[leo] attach_scanner: opening /dev/sg0
[leo] leo_identify_scanner: enter
[leo] device is "LEO" "LEOScan-S3" "1.10"
[leo] leo_identify_scanner: exit, device not supported
[leo] ERROR: attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
[leo] leo_free: enter
[leo] leo_close: enter
[leo] leo_close: exit
[leo] leo_free: exit
[leo] sane_init: leave
[leo] sane_get_devices: enter
[leo] sane_get_devices: exit

[leo] sane_exit: enter
[leo] sane_exit: exit

In the dll.conf I only uncomment the line with "leo".

When this is not a failure of sane, then it could only a problem with
the SCSI cable.

Bye
Axel