[sane-devel] FreeBSD and a Epson Perfection 1260

Michael Lestinsky michael@lestinsky.de
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:33:18 +0100

Hi Henning,

Am 16.01.'03 schrieb Henning Meier-Geinitz:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:15:33PM +0100, Michael Lestinsky wrote:
> > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_get_vendor_product: device 0: vendorID: 0x04b8, productID: 0x011d
> > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: wanted 5 bytes, wrote 5 bytes
> > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: wanted 5 bytes, wrote 5 bytes
> > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: wanted 4 bytes, wrote 4 bytes
> > USB error: error reading from bulk endpoint /dev/ugen0.2: Operation timed out
> > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_read_bulk: read failed: Operation timed out
>
> Check sanei_usb.c, sanei_usb_close and comment out the call to
> usb_clear_halt and usb_resetep. Replug the scanner.

Ok. But the timeout problem remains.

> I'm not sure if that works, but you could try "/dev/uscanner0" instead
> of "auto".

It really worked.

michael@zaphod:~> sudo scanimage -L 2>&1 | less
device `plustek:/dev/uscanner0' is a Epson Perfection 1260/Photo USB flatbed scanner

I'm doing my first scans now. All images are to dark and have a very low
contrast. Tuning the Brightnes-, Contrast- and Gamma-Parameters in Xsane
doesn't really help very much. I've merged my changes in plustek.conf back
into the one from the distfile, just to make sure it doesn't depend on
this, but that didn't help very much.

Anyone here with satisfying results from this scanner?

Bye
Michael

--
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite
space...