[sane-devel] Re: Sane on Ultra Sparc

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:40:56 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 08:19:24PM +0100, abel deuring wrote:
> >Whoever maintains the code should decide about the best way to do this
> >(Abel?),
> >I would appreciate to send a patch to SuSE and so on to allow them to make
> >things work in their distribution.
>
> Hrrmmm. I am not very familiar with autoconf. Henning, could you do
> that? Thomas already suggested to check, what uname prints ('sparc' vs.
> 'sparc64').

Ok, I've added a check in configure.in:

dnl disable Linux SCSI generic version 3 to avoid 32/64 bit problems
if test "uname" = "sparc64" ; then
  AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_LINUX_SG_IO, 1, [Should we disable SCSI generic v3?])
fi

And in sanei_scsi.c:

#ifdef DISABLE_LINUX_SG_IO
#undef SG_IO
#endif /* DISABLE_LINUX_SG_IO */

The changes are in CVS now.

Please, everyone who has a sparc64 test it. Snapshots are at:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/snapshots/

(the dayly snapshot may not be updated, use the one from the "Older
snapshots).