[sane-devel] stupid question about SCSI

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:06:30 +0000

> I am working on getting a Veugo 310S working for a friend out of the
> country--problem is does anyone know the SCSI card that this model
> scanner shipped with?? I have been going round in circles (better than

Can you tell me what kind of card it is? PCI or ISA? What's written on
the chip?

Many low-end scanners (Mustek, UMAX, etc.) are (or used to be)
supplied with a DTC card that was only supported by Linux using a
patch, but even then I could never get it to work.

As far as SCSI is concerned, it's probably better to invest $25-$30 in
a decent PCI SCSI card with a Symbios chip (usually 53c8xx). Just make
sure you have the right cable to fit its connector.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/