[sane-devel] sane-cvs, sigegv os/2 gcc3.0.3

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:09:37 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:51:15AM +0100, Franz Bakan wrote:
> when I compile (cvs-version) with gcc3.0.3 the executable fails with
> SIGSEGV in sanei_debug.h line 157.

va_start? I don't see what's wrong there.

> No problems when I compile with gcc 2.8.1
>
> Is this a compiler-bug or could there be something wrong with the code?

The code hasn't changed significantly since 2002-02-14 (1.0.8). That
change was the addition of the __attribute__ for gcc warnings.

> I've made a screenshot of debugger-windows.
> see:

That's the first call of DBG, I guess (from dll). ap is uninitialized,
but thats ok. msg points to the correct string.

As DBG is used in every backend and seems to work everywhere else I
would suspect a compiler bug.

Or, it's a memory corruption that happens somewhere before in the code
and the crash at this place is only a symptom. However, we are nearly
on top of the backend code. Maybe something in DBG_INIT?

Other opinions?