[sane-devel] USB for Umax Astra 2200 SU

Frank Zago fzago@austin.rr.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:08:50 -0600

> Frank,
> thanks for the quick reply. With having "quality calibration" switched off, it wokrs fine now.
>
> Is then there any loss in quality compared to SCSI with "quality calibration"  switched on?

I don't think so. The command to set the qualibration level fails on both usb
and scsi (command not supported). The difference is that the backend knows how
to handle bad news from the scanner when accessed with scsi but not with usb. A
proper fix would be to disable that command for that scanner, but I don't have
access to it anymore.

Frank.