[sane-devel] OT: Scanning 6cm x 6cm Dias

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:02:37 +0000

till.kamppeter@gmx.net said:
> A good choice is probably the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo. It comes
> with  frames for 35 mm negatives, 35 mm slides, 6x9 cm negatives/
> slides (here  also fit 6x6 negatives/slides), and even for 4x5 inch
> negatives/slides.

> The scanner works with the "epson" driver of SANE and is also
> supported  directly by Epson with the iScan driver.

> I didn't try slide scanning with it as I don't have slides.

Though I have to query the point of scanning 6x9 negatives/slides
which is an expensive professional photography system on a very
suboptimal scanner for the job i.e. any flatbed. A more suitable
choice would be something like the Minolta Scan Multi Pro or the
Nikon LS8000. More expensive but does the job properly, and includes
an IR channel which in my experience is worth it's weight in gold.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195