[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:22:25 +0100

When I'm trying scanimage I have the folowing error message:

$ scanimage --device avision:/dev/scanner >toto.pnm
scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory

My config:
-> HP Scanjet 5370C USB

-> Linux RedHat kernel 2.4.7
-> 256 Mo RAM

-> sane-1.0.10-pre3
(same problem with sane-1.0.9)

I saw in the archives something with SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE but I have no
/proc/sys/kernel/sg-big-buff file and my scanner is USB (not SCSI).

I've also tryed to follow the program with a debugger but I didn't
understand the details of the initialisation of the scanner.

Thanks for your advices.

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         | http://most.hmg.inpg.fr          |
|  Patrick BEGOU           |       ------------               |
|  LEGI                    | mailto:Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35               |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71               |