[sane-devel] About the trouble about the operativity of kooka

Klaas Freitag freitag@suse.de
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:01:01 +0200

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 10:38, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:43:55PM +0900, hironori kohno wrote:
> > i am using Kooka in the kde environment.
> > However, although "adf" and "fb" are
> > displayed on the setting screen of source,
> > it is surely reset by setup of "adf".
> >
> > Although I want to also confirm a setup of "fb",
> > what should it carry out?
>
> Does this happen with other fronetnds (xsane, xscanimage) also? If
> yes, it's probably a problem with the fujitsu backend.
Well, the ADF support in Kooka is still very buggy. That is mainly
because I do not have a Scanner with ADF support. Sorry.
If you could try to describe the problem more in detail, I can try
to help you. Please consider to update Kooka, 0.35 is quite outdated,
you should try to update to version 0.40 (although that does not solve
the ADF-problem probably, but some others).

> If no, you'd better contact the kooka authors.
Well, unfortunately there is only one: me ;-). Volunteers are welcome :-)

> Well, maybe they are
> subscribed to sane-devel but at least I don't remember having heard
> from them on this list.
Oh, yes, I am subscribed, but not to busy on the list, I admit.
Unfortunately I do not have too much time for Kooka and scanner
related things. But I am trying hard to do my best ;-)

Regards,
Klaas

--
                                               Klaas Freitag