[sane-devel] Visioneer 5800

jollyprince@juno.com jollyprince@juno.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:27:23 GMT

Yes I believe it's HP 3500 Scanjet also using the RTS8801 chipset which is one of the unsupported scanners on the list.  Is there some way of using that info to get a model or example of what my task is to write a scanner for my Visioneer 5800?

--- gerard klaver <gerard@gkall.hobby.nl> wrote:

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 16:47, jollyprince@juno.com wrote:
> So far, I've discovered that my chipset is RTS8801C2 and I'm seeking info for writing the backend.  If somebody can speed up that process, please help!
>
> Meanwhile, I'm trying to find a model for my backend.  Does anybody have suggestions for similar scanner drivers to Visioneer 5800?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Roger

Look at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/unsupported.html
for the HP usb scanners, some scanner use the same chip and some
people have already collected some data.

--
m.vr.gr.