[sane-devel] hp 2300c

Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:39:50 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 01:20:12AM +0200, gnawa wrote:
> i have logged under windows 2k,using usb_snoopy, the messages between the
> driver and the scanner (hp scanjet 2300c) with the intention of write a
> backend for my scanner... but now i don't know the next step...
> i have made it because there are no information about chipset...
> there is anyone who can help me?

Analyze it. Find out, how the protocol works. Are commands used or
registers? At which time which command is used? E.g. if a command is
used multiple times during the actual scan and returns lots of data it's
most probably the "read_scan_data" command (or however you want to
name it). A command that is used only once immediately beforet he scan
may be the "start_scan" command.

Putting the usb snoopy logs somewhere on a web site might also help.
Maybe someone recognizes a pattern or has seen that protocol before?