[sane-devel] SuSE 8.2 and umax scanner

David A Iacobellis dave@i-r-labs.com
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:03:10 -0400

Hello,

This is the first time I have posted to this list.  I read in your June list
that another person is having the exact same problem with SuSE 8.2 that I am
having.  I am also using an adaptec 2904 card with a umax 1200s scanner.
Each time I have tried to obtain a preview either with xsane or kooka my
system will lock up tight forcing me to power down (sort of reminds me of my
windows days).  I am getting the same resmgr messages prior to the system
lockup as the other person but no scsi error message.  Did anybody figure out
what the problem is and how to fix it?  SuSE 8.2 uses sane 1.0.10 -36.  SuSE
has been very uncooperative in helping me solve this issue and seeing the
exact same problem from another SuSE 8.2 user makes me really think this is a
SuSE config problem.  Also, everything worked great with SuSE 8.1 and 8.0.
Please let me know.

Dave