[sane-devel] Microtek Pagewiz

Peter Fales psfales@lucent.com
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:55:11 -0500

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 01:00:08PM +0200, Marcel Pol wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:37:56 -0500
> Peter Fales <psfales@lucent.com> wrote:
> > Anyone know anything about Microtek Pagewiz Color Sheetfed Scanner?

> It worked for me, but I haven't used it in about 2 or 3 years.
> But if you want to, you can use a scsi card as well
> to connect it to, you would just need to buy another cable for that.

Just following up for the record.  I got the scanner today, and it works
great using the Microtek backend.  I'm using the direct SCSI connection,
so I don't have to deal with ppSCSI and it's faster than my flatbed
Microtek E6.   The only minor problem I've found is that it takes a
SCSI error if you try to scan more than the actual paper size (e.g. you
tell it to scan 12 inches when the paper is only 11 inches long)

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 1C-436
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033