[sane-devel] libusb vs linux kernel scanner driver

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:48:56 -0400 (EDT)

ok, this seems highly intermittent. various combinations of:
a. scanner driver already loaded at plugin time,
b. scanner driver loaded by hotplug
c. manually rmmod and insmod scanner driver,
d. allowing the scanner to go in and out of power saving mode

are causing many errors in the syslog, and pauses for many seconds either
when initially attaching to the scanner, or after the adf loads the first
sheet from the hopper, but before it returns image data.

i am having some trouble being able to repeat the errors on demand, but it
may have something to do with sanei_usb scanning the /dev/usb/scanner0
files, and then immediately scanning the same device via libusb, but i
cannot say for certain.

i will continue to look.

allan