[sane-devel] sane-backends effectively GPL'd in disguise?

Frank Zago fzago@austin.rr.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:53:58 -0500

Hi Olaf,

IANAL but I'll try to answer anyway.
None of these contain code. Just prototype and APIs. I don't think that the
omission of the SANE exception would propagate to the rest of the code. Besides
the README states that the backends are under GPL+exception. It is also quite
clear that the authors of these files didn't intend to put these files under GPL
only since they were written specifically for SANE.
The files should be fixed though.

Frank.