[sane-devel] detect the correct scanner

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:20:27 +0200

Hi,

I think I could be possible to detect it as Genius, BUT this is not that
trivial. The difference between the Plustek devices and Genius devices
can be found out by accessing a specific register within the P98003
and reading back the PCB (printed circuit board) identification and the
CCD-ID. That way the Plustek-drivers are able to find out what hardware
is attached to the P98003 ASIC. Simply by reading the USB vendor and
device ID is not enough as Plustek uses one device ID for various models
(U1212 and some U12).
I already started to make those "brigded" devices work, using the
available P98003 driver code and replacing the I/O access to the parport
by the access to the GeneSys Logic chip. The only results I have so far=20
are some register accesses and light switching stuff. Not that much, but =
a=20
starting point...

If somebody is interested in that code snippets, I can put them to
gjaeger.de

Ciao
  Gerhard

[SNIPSNAP]