[sane-devel] Re: Does anyone need help writing a backend?

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:47:51 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 05:29:39PM -0400, frares@netscape.net wrote:
> I have a Genius HR7X scanner that I'd love to use in Linux, but I
> have no experience on programing in Linux, so I can't help (i hope
> this will change in near future ;-) .

I have now a Umax Astra 4500 and will try to get it working. The
chipset used by this scanner is labelled "Avision B2" so I'm not sure
if that's really a gl646 based scanner. However, the output of
cat proc/bus/usb/devices of your scanner is very similar to the one of
my scanner.

If you don't fear losing your warranty, could you open the scanner and
have a look at the names printed on the chips?