[sane-devel] Current TODO list

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:43:47 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 07:46:00AM -0500, Peter Fales wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:32:35AM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> >   * dc210, dc240, gphoto2, and jpeg stuff: move sanei_* functions to sanei/
> >     (if they are necessary). That's probably for SANE2.
>
> Henning,
>
> I think we've discussed this briefly before, but now that I've got more
> experience with SANE, I might be more willing to tackle it.  However,
> I'm not really sure what is being asked here.  Can you provide more
> details?  Is it just moving cdjpeg.h  and djpeg.c into the sanei directory?

The idea is to have all code that's shared between backends in sanei/
and its header files in include/sane. I haven't looked too hard and
haven't tried but if possible, I'd move all the jpeg source code to
e.g. sanei/sanei_jpeg.c  and the header file(s) to
include/sane/sanei_jpeg.h. Move the djpeg.README to the root directory
(README.djpeg sound nicer). Add some comments on the top of that file
which backends use it and what was changed in the code. The names were
changed to sanei_* and the license requires to write down what was
changed IIRC. You may need some Makefile changes to make sure the jpeg
files are only compiled when libjpeg is available (?). Better check
the details.

This topic is not that important so if you can use the time to write a
new backend that would be better. But cleaning up the jpeg code is
nice, too.