[Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] Which viewer to use with raw .png file and a .iccprofile file]

khk@khk.net khk@khk.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hit the wrong button... This message should have been CC'ed to sane-devel:

Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Which viewer to use with raw .png file and a
.iccprofile file From:    khk@khk.net
Date:    Tue, July 29, 2003 7:34 am
To:      gerard@gkall.hobby.nl

You always need two profiles when you want to convert from one
color space to a different color space: A transformation based on
an ICC profile (BTW: ICM is the extension that Microsoft uses
for ICC profiles) always transforms from a real color space to the so
called connection space (either CIELAB or XYZ) or vice versa.
So with just the scanner profile, you can only get from RGB to
e.g. Lab, but not to the RGB values your monitor needs. So you
need a second profile to get from Lab to your monitor color
space - this is what you've done by providing two profiles on
the convert command line.
Once you used convert with the two profile, you should be able
to use any image viewer, and not just display.

> On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 14:29, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 01:44:10PM +0000, gerard klaver wrote:
>> > I have scanned a raw .png file and made a .icc profile with a
>> reference
>> > target (wine, lprof program).
>> >
>> > The question is what can i do to or which viewer to use to correct
the png file with the .icc file?