[sane-devel] detect the correct scanner

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Jul 22 21:22:23 BST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:54:45PM +0200, Foffy wrote:
> i have a genius color page vivid-III but when mandrake
> detect it as a plustek, that has the same chip. Is
> this important or not? and how i can get it detected
> as genius color page vivid-III.

It would have been important if the Plustek 1212U had been supported.
But as far as I know this is not the case. The scanner search engine
says: "All devices using product ID 0x0001 are not supported, for
others see Plustek backend. The older models seem to use a P98003
parallel port ASIC and a GenesysLogic parport-over USB brigde. The
P98003 is also used by the P12 and PT12 models."

So basically you need someone who writes a backend for that
combination of chips. If you want to start coding yourself, have a
look at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/unsupported.html.