[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane (problem half solved)

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:35:10 +0800

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your advice.

Frank wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Mar 2003 06:10, Stephen Liu wrote:
>
> - snip -
>
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> In the following section I was sure to include exactly what sane-find-scanner
> returned. In your case might I suggest : ( NB -Do not go as su! )
>
> #cd /dev
> #chmod -c 0777 sg1
>
> I not sure why but I think in ensures 777 status to your sg1 file as local and
> not possibly only as root. [ This also allowed me to see the double entry I
> did know I had of my scanner when I issued xsane. I was given given a choice
> in my case to select xxx/scanner or xxx/scanner0. Hmmmm........  Both worked.
>
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have done that but can't help.  When I started 'xsane' it did not
offer me selection.  I think it is the problem of the simulated scsi
connection of the Cdwriter.  If I remove it from /etc/grub.conf, the
CDwriter could not work.

B.R.
Stephen

- snip -