[sane-devel] Can Normal User use EPP Scanner ?

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 17:46:46 +1100

--WfZ7S8PLGjBY9Voh

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:33:37PM +0800, zhu wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>     I wrote a backend for a EPP Scanner,it can work well by root.
> while I login as normal user,it can not work.How to fix it ?
>=20
>     Any help will be appreciated.

Im afraid there is not much to help here. You'll just have to explain to
people that to use the scanner they will either have to:

- Put people who want to use it in group "lp" (/dev/lp* are writable by that
group usually).
- Make the devices globally read/write so anyone can use it.

Actually, I beleive the standard way (i think) is the run the backend as
root under saned and then have the frontends talk to it via the network
backend.
--=20
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

--WfZ7S8PLGjBY9Voh

--WfZ7S8PLGjBY9Voh--