[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane (PROBLEM SOLVED!!!)

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:39:22 +0800

Hi Henning

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

- snip -

> The snapscan backend looks for "/dev/sg0" not "/dev/sg1" or
> "/dev/scanner" for some reason. Check snapscan.conf (somewhere in
> /etc/sane.d/ or /usr/local/etc/sane.d/) and change /dev/sg0 to /dev/sg1.

/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf

Changed /dev/sg0 to /dev/sg1

PROBLEM SOLVED NOW.  Xsane can be started to scan document.

However the scanned document can be saved in .jpg, png, pnm, format etc
but not .gif

Lot of thanks for your continue effort and time spent in advising me.
Also I hereby express my thanks to other folks on the list for their
effort giving me constructive advice/comment.

Although I have done lot of scanning in the past but on Windows only.
This is the first time for me to do scanning on Linux.  I shall go
through the relevant documentation later.

One futher question:

On Windows I use 'PageKeeper' or "PaperPort' as desktop/platform for
collecting all scanned documents and combine them as files, how about on
Linux?

> Current versions of sane-backends don't have this hardcoded path so
> I'm a bit surprised.
>
> Please also have a look at man sane-snapscan.

Yes.  I will upgrade the software another time

B.Regards
Stephen