[sane-devel] Shotcut to detect IRQ

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 07:20:22 +0000

> KDE desktop

The important thing here is the underlying operating system, I assume
you are using Linux.

> # chmod -c 0777 /dev/sg1

Do you have to do this every single time? BTW, 0777 is misleading
(though it will work), 0666 is correct. (Though it's probably a good
idea to create a new group for the scanner and/or run saned if you
have other SCSI devices connected to the computer.)

> mode of `/dev/sg1' changed to 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)
> # /sbin/insmod aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0

You can either put the line "aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0" in
/etc/modules to have the module loaded at boot-time with the right
parameters, or place a line "options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0" in
/etc/modutils/aliases to tell insmod/modprobe which options to use
when loading the module. Remember to run update-modules after
modifying /etc/modutils/aliases.

The filenames are correct on Debian systems, they might not be on your
system, but the files should be pretty easy to find. (The
update-modules stuff might not even exist on other systems, in which
case you'll have to edit /etc/modules.conf instead, and it's not
necessary to run anything afterwards.)

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net