[sane-devel] Getting Scanner to work under Wine

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 09:55:05 +0100

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 12:29:34AM -0800, Jason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop a driver for my scanner and am at the point where I need to do some traffic sniffing on the parallel port.  I am trying to do this through wine.
>
> Any ideas as to what the following messages mean?
>

> fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD AV260D.VXD. Try setting Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
> fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD AV260.VXD. Try setting Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
>
> I have tried changing my Windows version and it still doesn't work.  Those VxD's exist, and are in my windows/system folder.  I have searched as to what these messages mean but I haven't been successful in finding any info on it.  Has anyone else who have tried to use their scanner under wine had the same error messages  and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

	Hello,
	if your scanner really need this VxD, you won't be able to run it with
wine, since VxD aren't supported. Sometimes, NT drivers are different from
win 9x drivers, and don't use VxD. So running wine as NT and installing such a
driver could get around your problem.

Regards,
	Stef