[sane-devel] How to combine scanned images together and print them as a file

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:55:09 +0800

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response

Alex Belits wrote:
> - snip -
>>Alternatively, you can use xv to view JPEGs and to print them to
>>PostScript files; xv as a graphical interface that gives you some
>>control over the placement of the picture on the page.
>
>   Gimp does the same, and has gimp-print drivers.

What I need is a platform to keep all scanned images, stacking them page
after page, removing or re-inserting the pages if required.  Finally
printing them as a pdf file.

Whether you meant starting scanning direct from Gimp and use the latter
as platform to do all job.

One more important job is data searching on the scanned images.  On
PaperPort (a Windows application).  You can create a database bank on
all scanned images kept on its platform and do data searching.  Is there
similar application on Linux.

B.Regards
Stephen Liu