[sane-devel] Problems with Plustek driver

Danilo Godec danci@kibla.org
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:36:54 +0100 (CET)

I have a Primax 4800 Direct scanner, which is a re-labelled Plustek
parallel port scanner. I have Suse 8.1 which comes with sane 1.0.8 and
includes Plustek support.

I've also downloaded the Plustek kernel driver from
plustek-module-0_42_9.tar.gz as it is supposed to work with sane 1.08
without re-compiling sane.

The driver seems to detect the scanner:

pt_drv : driver version 0.42-10
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
pt_drv0: Primax 4800 Direct found on port 0x0378
pt_drv0: Lamp-Timer set to 180 seconds.
pt_drv0: WarmUp period set to 15 seconds.
pt_drv0: Lamp untouched on driver unload.

However:

dis:~ # scanimage -L

dis:~ # scanimage -d plustek:/dev/pt_drv0
scanimage: open of device plustek:/dev/pt_drv0 failed: Error during device I/O

I have uncommented the 'plustek' line in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf. What else
must I do to get the scanner to work?

Thanks, D.