[sane-devel] Sane Epson Backend

Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:06:10 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:58:17PM -0800, Jesus A. Orosco wrote:
> I am currently using FreeBSD 4.7 as my os, and recently purchased and
> Epson 1660 USB color scanner.  My hope was to purchase a scanner that
> was compatiable with Sane Backends.  All the lists that I search for say
> that the backends will work with my scanner.  I have run the
> ‘sane-find-scanner’ utility and it returns the following:
>
>             Found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x011e) at
> libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0

Looks fine. The Epson backend has full support for libusb since SANE
version 1.0.10 so you may want to update if you don't use this or a
newer version.

You can also try to add a line like this to epson.conf:
usb libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0

> What gives?  Any ideas anyone?  Please help.

To find out what's going on you can enable debugging by setting
the SANE_DEBUG_EPSON environment variable. See man sane-epson for
details.