[sane-devel] Scanner 5370Cse

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:50:59 +0100

Arnaud de Lorbeau wrote:

> I have tested the scanner 5370Cse with MDK 9.1 RC2, i have used scannerdrake,

[...]

> Once the config done, the picture i add using xsane is not good and the
> preview is completly BS. (see the attached file for the scanned picture)

The file Arnaud has attached to the original mail is now available on

http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/HP_ScanJet_5370Cse.jpg

and shows an unusable result.

The configuration of the scanner was done by the "Scannerdrake" utility
of Mandrake 9.1RC2 (SANE 1.0.11, avision-2003-02-08-1127). The utility
configures the following:

1. It makes sure that a line "avision" is in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

2. It makes sur that a line with the device name is in
/etc/sane.d/avision.conf

These steps seem to be done correctly as the scanner scans at least
something.

So there must be a bug in the "avision" backend which prevents the
scanner from scanning correctly.

Arnaud can you post your /etc/sane.d/dll.conf, /etc/sane.d/avision.conf
files, only to be sure that there all is correct?

    Till